General Guideline for all Committees:
Geographic focus: Please see the individual committees for their geographic guidelines.
United States requestors must be a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code. In addition, grant recipients must certify that they are not a supporting organization within the meaning of Code Section 509(a)(3).
The NBO Foundation does not fund:
- Private Foundations Code Section 509(a)(2)
- State Colleges or Universities Code Section 511(a)(2)(b)
- Annual Appeals or Capital Campaigns Construction or New Facility expenses
- Fundraising or Event Sponsorships
- Individual scholarships
- Political Activities and lobbying
- Churches or other religious organizations
- General operating support requests unless the NBO Foundation already has an established relationship with the organization, and the organization has demonstrated success with previous grants.